Website Design Tips & Tricks
Automatic, Always Up-To-Date Copyright
I found a great online script to create a copyright notice for your website that will automatically update each year. WebWeaver.nu has a copyright generator. You fill in the form fields with the following details:
- Copyright Owner - website's name, company name or your name
- Indicate Yes or No - would you like to include the year your website started? (ie © 2000 - 2007)
- If yes, what is the year your website was first created?
- Indicate Yes or No to add " - All Rights Reserved " to your copyright information
Click the Generate Button and your code will appear in the on screen box. Just copy and paste into your html code.
Automatic Copyright Protection
Copyright Laws: What is “Automatic Copyright Protection?”
Read the Answer given at About.com: Women in Business
What It Means to Copyright a Website
According to the U.S. Copyright Office, “Copyright is a form of protection provided to the authors of ‘original works of authorship,’ including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works.” - SITEPOINT®
Read Alyssa Gregory's response to the questions:
- What does it mean to copyright a website?
- What is copyright?
- How Can I Copyright a Website?
- Who Owns Copyrighted Material?
- Does a Copyright Extend Internationally?